Friday, March 2, 2012

The Power of the Branch

I was searching around the web the other night looking for inspiration and wow did I ever find some. Let me introduce you to the talented Amy Wilson. Both prop stylist as well as garden designer. Check out her website to see more of her gorgeous work. I love all she does but I am especially fond of the interior images. Great use of color with simple yet striking florals. Flowers for the home...my obsession. Won't someone hire me to do more of this kind of work? Please. I am putting it out there in the hopes that it will come. Not a very good sales pitch, I'm afraid. Anyway, these are great examples of how just a few branches in any season can really transform a room. I say you all should try it. In other news I am hosting my first workshop here this weekend. We will be building terrariums. I will come back with photos. Hope all is well and you have a lovely weekend.
Images by Ngoc Minh Ngo. Another huge talent. Get lost in her work here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ciao!
I stumbled upon your blog via Pinterest, I followed as my "dream" is to be a flower arranger and loved your work that I saw here.
I then read your introduction on the right and, forgive me, I must tell you that your name is not Italian, although it is used in Italy too and it doesn't have anything to do with pheasants at all.
It's from French and the masculine corrispective it's Denis, Dionysius...the god of wine, to put it down simplistic.
I am Italian and studied Roman and Greek stuff half of my life and the bf name is Denis, so forgive me if I am being pedantic here :)

Keep up the great job, all the best!

Lissa (Bellenza) said...

Amazing how a few flowering (or even bare) branches can add such grace to a spot in a room! Thanks for the inspiration. :-)

Denise Fasanello said...

Hello Tirabella!
Thanks so much for visiting. I was actually referring to my last name "fasanello" meaning little pheasant not my first name. I am aware of Denise being the female of Dionysis, god of wine. I am very pleased to know that - it suits me well :)
I like the idea of a drunk little bird. haha! Please come back and visit me again
Denise