Monday, March 22, 2010

I love...




















Happy Monday everyone. Hope you had a lovely weekend. I was snapping these gorgeous purple tulips yesterday...sticking my nose inside, watching them do their tulip dance. I love all kinds of flowers but dare I say (?) I believe tulips are my favorite. I adore how they continue to grow and move after they are cut...always creating a different arrangement for you to enjoy. I love double tulips, the ones that compete with rununculus for showy fullness. I love fringed and frilly tulips. I love the regal Turkish style tulips with their pointed tips. I love when a bit of green from the stem streaks up across a colored petal. I love how they compliment other flowers in arrangements as well as hold their own in a bud vase. I love basic ones in a mason jar on a kitchen table as well as fancy French ones in elegant crystal for a formal party. I love that you can buy them at your neighborhood deli. I love seeing them planted in massive clumps in formal gardens as well as seeing them pop up in a window box. If I lived in Amsterdam in the 16th century, I would have definitely been one of those crazed collectors who went broke.

3 comments:

webb said...

Amen! There's nothing nicer ... altho I am getting really interested in ranunculas, thanks to.... that would be YOU!

REBEKAH BROOKS said...

Agreed, tulip are beautiful

Melissa said...

My sentiments exactly!