Sunday, January 24, 2010

Brooklyn Museum Trip


It's a cold, clear day as we head out to the museum. Unlike it's flashier big sister The Met, the Brooklyn Museum is quiet and tourist free today. Proudly representing the borough of Kings it stands grandly along Eastern Parkway. Packed with treasures that littlest pheasant is hopping up and down with excitement to see. I love these museum days with her. Just me and my girl looking and pictures and making up stories.
Looking down on the Beaux Arts Court. This is where Lil' Pheasant said she wanted to get married. Because it looks like the palace ballroom from Cinderella. She's right!

Grand chandelier.

Patterned marble (?) floor.

From the exhibition Extended Families. Mylar sculpture by Tara Donovan

My favorite piece in the show "Read Between the Line" by Polly Apfelbaum. I should do a whole post on her delicate work sometime. This piece was a striped sheet that had thin strips of velvet attached in between the lines. Simply said and done.

On the way home. Snacking on crackers on the 2 train.

1 comment:

littlebyrd said...

**sigh** this looks wonderful! I wish I could go :)