Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Tulip, Apple, Cannabis, Potato


Did you see it? I read the book awhile ago but missed the show back when PBS first aired it. So, I was really looking forward to catching Botany of Desire last night. Despite attempting to rush through the whole dinner, bath, book and bedtime routine, I missed the first half. Ah! Anyway, I was struck when Michael Pollan said "nature doesn't want to be controlled". I think about control and nature a lot. I'd love to hear your thoughts....

4 comments:

abigail said...

I read that book awhile ago but had no idea there was a show! Drat. I would have loved to see it. Maybe they'll play it again?

Denise Fasanello said...

Abigail,
I'm sure they will show again. You can buy it off the website as well.
cheers,
Denise

Brooke said...

Pollan's one of my favorite authors, I just read his In Defense of Food (a little drier than Botany...). Why can't he be the Minister of Agriculture?

I wish we didn't think we could control nature, because a big 'ol backlash is coming!

Mike said...

Everyone keeps telling me what a great author Pollan is. I need to read his books. I'll check the local library first.