Thursday, April 9, 2009

Tale of the Yak

Ok. This is hands down my most favorite shop ever - Tale of the Yak, in Oakland. It is absolutely stunning. Everything is so beautifully displayed (my photos do not did it justice). It's like walking into a magical treasure chest filled with paper goods, party favors, delicate china and glass, sweet little notions and all sorts of lovelies. Don't miss their excellently curated selection of gorgeous new and antique jewelry.



How great is this? Cut paper "flowers" stuck to the ends of branches that have since lost their blooms. I am totally doing that!

3 comments:

fàtima -flowersbybornay- said...

I love this kind of places!!!

Anonymous said...

I've never posted about Tail of the Yak because I just can't find the words to adequately describe the place or my enthusiasm for it. I'm so glad you got to visit. It's just so incredible--the smells, the old things and new, the paper, fabric, flowers. I have some very special jewelry from here too...

egtrigg said...

I left Berkeley in 1993. What a delight to know that TOTY is still there. Although I spent more time window than actual shopping, I treasure the pieces I acquired many years ago. Thanks for posting this.